Tuesday 23 April 2013

Stardust.


This is from a few years ago now. It was done at a life- drawing evening class but was not influenced purely by the model. It's also derived from a dream I had when I was very ill in hospital some time earlier, the impression of which has stayed with me to this day. It is also influenced by the scientific theory that everything in the universe, including our own bodies, is constructed from stardust, ie basic elements. That all sounds a bit deep but I had a lot of fun doing it!! 
Watercolour and wax crayon.

3 comments:

  1. I like your stardust concept and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice painting. I was thinking that someone was laying down on a madrass on the glittery water in a swimmingpool. You have done the bodyshape very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joan and Catharina. Yes it does look a bit like water but that's the photo, in real life the background is much darker, like a night sky.

    ReplyDelete