Sunday 28 September 2014

Fond Adieu.




I seem to be doing a lot of apologising lately. I'm so sorry for not visiting your blogs and for being generally "not there", the fact is it has become increasingly more difficult to maintain this blog. My working hours have multiplied to a silly extent, mainly due to this government's sustained effort to drive people like me into poverty. Thank you Mr Cameron. Then there is this computer which is now on it's last legs, it is now almost impossible to download pictures or access other blogs.
On a happier note, one or two outlets have appeared for my artwork. In fact I've been delighted and a little bit bewildered at the interest I've been so privileged to enjoy. I'm never going to earn a living at this, but the hobby pays for itself and in fact returns a small profit. I can't ask for more.
Due to the problems mentioned I've decided, with a heavy heart, to post on facebook from now on as I can do that from my phone. My page is www.facebook.com/kevinmortimerart and I would be delighted if anyone visited as I have done some more work but am unable to show it here. Likewise, I would be very interested in other peoples work on this media.
The figure shown here is another oldie, this time in oil pastel, a medium I was really enjoying at the time. It allows for quick, spontaneous work which suited my confidence back then.
The snow scene is a small watercolour I actually did as a demo this year at a charity event and that, I have to say, was quite an experience. To struggle with the water flow and pigment running riot is one thing, to steady ones trembling brush under the critical eye of the general public is quite another!!!!
It only remains for me to say a huge, heartfelt "THANK YOU" to each and every one of you. Your visits, comments and conversation boosted my artistic confidence and sustained me with comfort when I was ill. Bless you all.
I do hope to meet you again on facebook because I value everyone just as much now as I did before.
And now, as the leaves turn and fall outside my window, it's time for this odd little blog to go quiet.
Take care everyone.
Love,
Kev. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kev,
    sometimes life throws you some curves but it seems like you are very good at getting around obstacles in your way. Great news on the galleries interested in your work and I'll be following your progress on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kev,
    It is okey with me if you cannot visit my blog, but I feel sad that you will leave your blog. I respect and understand your decision to go quiet in this blog but I hope you will not totally stop it. For the meantime, I will not be able to visit and comment on your facebook account because for a long time I am avoiding facebook for some personal reason. So, thank you very much for sharing your beautiful paintings, and for the time being, may you have a wonderful journey with your friends on facebook. Stay healthy and more success with what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased for you that your painting hobby is paying it's own way. Like Cora, I am not a FB person. So a fond adieu from me too. Good luck in the next stage of your artistic journey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev, so sorry that you are doing away with your blog mate. I shan`t be able to follow you on Facebook because I`m not on Facebook, and never will be. I`m glad that you have an outlet Kev. That`s great mate. All the best to you.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kev, I will keep up with your work on FB, I am more than happy to see your art there. So there is no need to say goodbye! I love your landscape and figure, great news about finding buyers for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev, I will follow you over to FB and have already visited and "liked" your page. I don't know if that means you will also see my work. If not "like" me at Joan Szalay Tavolott. I don't post all my work there, but I do post some of it. Congrats on finding places to show your art!!!

    ReplyDelete